|Planes were taking off from Gatwick every few minutes|
|The Half Moon pub and village church Charlwood|
|DOGS WILL BE SHOT!|
|Ivy clad stile near Windacre Farm|
|Approaching Russ Hill|
|Pops takes a drink at the pond near Westlands Farm|
|Another warning notice|
|Heading across a large arable field|
|Ghyll Cottage, Rusper|
|A peek at Porter's Farmhouse|
|The Royal Oak pub|
|The SBP route|
|A clever bit of advertising at the end of Friday Street|
- The path round Lyne Farm was muddy and very smelly as they appeared to have been muck spreading. There was also a pretty disgusting pond, and the normal farm detritus scattered about.
|Lyne House - a Victorian mansion house (much more attractive than the nearby farm)|
- The path through Rusper golf course was, in contrast, very pleasant – and I came across a handy bench and table, overlooking a pretty lake, which provided the ideal lunch spot.
|Lake on Rusper Golf Course - a good spot for lunch|
- At Marshlands Cottages I had to remove my rucksack and climb through a barbed wire fence to escape from a couple of very curious and frisky horses. I tried to shoo them away with my map, but that just made them more excited and they were bucking and lashing out at us. It was actually quite frightening – I certainly didn’t fancy getting kicked.
|Once safe from the horses' flailing hooves, Poppy turns her attention to squirrel spotting|
- At Home Farm I came across a footpath closure notice. The closure was due to a fallen tree causing damage to a footbridge further along the path. Had I been on the SBP at that time I would have tried to continue, but as I was not, I decided to take a diversion along the bridleway named Duke’s Drive
|Our diverted route up Duke's Drive|
- Towards the end of the walk there was a very pleasant and well way-marked section through Glover’s Wood Nature Reserve.
|Approaching the end of Glover's Wood Nature Reserve|
- Emerging from the Nature Reserve at a hamlet called Pagewood, I was very surprised to see two Harrier jump-jets sitting in a field at the premises of Aerospace Logistics (a leading supplier and stockist of ex-MOD surplus equipment and components, apparently).
|An unexpected sight - Harrier Jump Jets|
|The Rising Sun - Charlwood|
|The return route|